Friday, July 6, 2007

Face-Negotiation Theory

My girlfriend and I argue all the time about nothing. Even though she is nine months pregnant, I try to be mindful and ignore her on-going mood swings. At times she gets so mean, she needs her friends to tell her that was rude of her (Third- Party Help). She feels that I don’t obliging enough toward her. But what I think is that she is always trying to dominate a relationship. I’m the one who always trying to avoid conflict by trying to compromise in situations that can be worked thought by using integrating. Now when we argue, I just use passive aggression to for solution to our problems. During the last past nine months my interactions skill have improved dramatically and so has her communication by telling me how she feels (Emotional Expression). I am glad the pregnancy is almost over and I can’t wait until she stops letting her emotions get the best of her.

No comments: